a blog by Jonas Kyle-Sidell

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Website User Review: Roommate Approved

My website is pretty simple but I did redo it this week: fixed the two broken links by saving them as copies in Photoshop, made the text a bolder yellow, and spread two of the pages out, adding a black background, so even at my old PC computer here at home it looks alright. I then showed it to my roommate Norman, who was mildly impressed as to the technical aspects, but immensely impressed at the cool factor. After all, he's a dental student. He liked the black and white background against the sun-lit words, and the all around simplicity of the approach - being that he was looking at the desk which is the background and to his left is the coffee table which appears to the lower left as a link to my blog. He still found the yellow words hard to read at times, but I think it kind of plays with the mystique of poetry, don't you? Isn't poetry always teetering on the verges of our attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment